Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedHelp! Tulle Fabric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
punkneko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punkneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Tulle Fabric
    Posted: 17 August 2007 at 6:32pm
hello.
i need some help with my tulle fabric.
right now im a junior year high school student (as of this september) and during the summer i have been working on a series of sewing projects. in the future i wish to become a fashion designer and i take sewing classes in school.
but i would like if someone can help me now with this Gothic Lolita child's jumper im creating that has a lace and tulle underlay.
THE TULLE KEEPS TEARING! and i want to know if u have to cut the tulle a certain way so it wont tear.
a childs outfit has to undergo wear and tear, so if the tulle keeps tearing it wont hold up for children's wear that has to be durable.
i dont plan on having a child wear this particular dress (except for pictures) but for future dresses (and for a tulle skirt i plan on making afterward) i really would like to know how to make it so the tulle doesnt tear, if there is any way...ive been searching the internet for answers all day long and i really need help! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic