Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedBelt slipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belt slipping
    Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:16am

Do you have a Monster Wheel attached?  If so, try torquing down in the two set screws 90 degrees out under the belt.  The needle bar assembly will move up and down all the time, even when you are winding a bobbhin, but you will eliminate the issue caused by clutch slippage.  If you do not have the Monster Wheel, just tighten the clutch.

I hope that this helps.

Best regards,
Dan Smith
Annapolis Store Manager

Edited by w1ndfall - 13 June 2007 at 12:17am
rcolson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcolson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 5:28pm
I have had my LSZ 1 for about 5 years with no issues.  Recently when I need to sew through more than 2 layers the needle stops and the belt slips with no pressure to get through the fabric.  Do I need to replace the current belt or make some kind of adjustment?

Robin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic