Print Page | Close Window

Bobbin knotting issues

Printed From: Sailrite Enterprises, Inc.
Category: Sewing Machines
Forum Name: Home Sewing Machines
Forum Discription: Using home sewing machines
URL: http://forum.sailrite.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=381
Printed Date: 18 October 2021 at 9:09am

Topic: Bobbin knotting issues
Posted By: Sumi
Subject: Bobbin knotting issues
Date Posted: 04 December 2007 at 2:50pm
I  have just received a PFAFF 1222 from a relative (I think it's a 1975 model).  I am just learning hot to use it. 
I have got everything set up OK, but every time I try to sew anything (on plain No.2 stitch), the material stays where it is and the threads get knotted up in one big ball under the fabric, in the bobbin hole area, and I have to start all over again.  I have checked the settings, and all seems OK.  It had a tune up last year.  What could be wrong?  Tension?  How do you adjust that?

Thanks

Sumi x x x

Replies:
Posted By: David Shaver
Date Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:55pm
Sumi,

I am not familiar with the Phaff.  However try sewing without any thread in the machine and see if the fabric feeds ok.  If no, is the there a way to life the feed dogs?  or is there an adjustment for the pressure foot pressure.  If the fabric feeds then Matt or others can reply.

David

-------------
David Shaver

Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:06pm
Sumi,
David is right about testing without thread. I bet you find it feeds fine with no thread. If this is the case then you should check your threading path. It almost sounds like a case of no upper tension at all. Without adequate tension the thread will simply get all knotted up on the underside of the fabric and material feeding will cease to function (everything gets stuck). Also what size thread are you using? Some home machines have a hard time sewing anything larger than V-69.
Thanks, Matt

Print Page | Close Window