Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedBobbin Thread Problems on my Pfaff 1222

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bobbin Thread Problems on my Pfaff 1222
    Posted: 05 November 2006 at 9:54pm
I am having problems with the bobbin thread (I'm using V69 Thread to sew 4 oz dacron) getting jammed and bunching on the bottom side of fabric.  I'm using a Pfaff 1222.
Any one out there with suggestions?

PL
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 5:54am
It sounds like the upper thread tension is not high enough. If the loops are like a rats nest on the bottom that typically means there is either no upper tension or very little. Try pinching the thread above the machine and see if the extra tension solves the problem. If it does you need to look at the setting of your upper tension assembly.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 8:44pm
Matt,
I recently had my machine serviced and tested using the V69 thread, w/ correct needle for sewing with this thread size etc.  The machine was actually sewing the 4 oz. dacron beautifully until I refilled the bobbin with thread.  Then the jamming started.  For some reason the thread got entangled around the bobbin case to the point where the machine locked up.  I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the way the thread is wound on the bobbin.  Is it also possible that the bobbin case is malfunctioning?  After having the machine timed, then looked at again and adjusted for the thread, I'm at a loss.

Help!

PL
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 10:01pm
The sail in question is a Sailrite Kit for a Devlin Egret; hope that helps me get a better response.

PL
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 10:09pm

It is possible that the timing is out again. When the thread jams like you describe it can cause parts to slip. I am afraid you may need to take the machine back to the service center. Sorry I can't give a better response. I am not that familiar with the Pfaff 1222.

Matt

Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 10:10am
Thanks Matt,
I think you're right. 

Pierre
Jessica S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:22am
Originally posted by MattGrant MattGrant wrote:

It sounds like the upper thread tension is not high enough. If the loops are like a rats nest on the bottom that typically means there is either no upper tension or very little. Try pinching the thread above the machine and see if the extra tension solves the problem. If it does you need to look at the setting of your upper tension assembly.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
Johnson444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnson444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 3:58am
I agree, I think Matt rights.
Well done!Big%20smile
sixseven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sixseven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 9:27pm
Hi. The upper thread tension device seems to be at a point where it needs cleaned. To clean you have to take it apart. You may also try wrapping the thread twice around  the discs to create more upper tension. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic