Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sailmaking > Sail Construction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedWhat to do when bobbin thread runs out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do when bobbin thread runs out
    Posted: 03 March 2012 at 11:36am
So what do you do when your bobbin runs out of thread in the middle of a seam in a sail?

My inclination was to refill the bobbin and begin stitching over approximately the last inch of good stitches, backstitch and do it again before continuing the seam.
Ynot Sailing View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ynot Sailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 10:14am
I try to avoid this by always starting a long seem with a full bobbin. The partially used bobbins get used for short seems or repairs. Keeping tabs on what thread is on which bobbin is essential. My wife makes her own body lotions and creams so I "borrow" a few of her empty containers, label the lid with a sharpie and store the partially filled bobbins in the appropriate container.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic