Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WAlking foot misalignment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marion W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WAlking foot misalignment
    Posted: 27 October 2018 at 1:56pm
When I sew the material bunches up and gathers unless I keep tension on it while sewingi
It looks like the foot does not mesh with the dogs underneath and maybe pulling the top layer differently from the bottom
Could this be the problem?
If so how do I adjust it ?
It does it with both the regular foot and the left zipper foot
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 8:43am
Hello Marion,

we have opened a Technical Support Case via your Sailrite account.  Information has been sent to the email provided to assist with resolving this issue.  You can now contact me directly through the Support Case.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
jeffvan View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 11:44pm
I have discovered a similar issue on my brand new LSZ-1
With closer inspection the left side of the walking presser foot teeth touches the top of the walking dog teeth.  The right side has the teeth interlocked.  Other than this it appears as if the presser foot and dog are moving together and are aligned.

I couldn't sew two pieces of fabric together without basting it with double sided tape.  The two pieces would be pulled apart constantly.  I tried different tensions on the presser foot with no change.  I then tested this with two inch strips with the needle down the middle.  Within inches the fabrics were miss aligned.  The top fabric was being pulled to the left and the bottom to the right.
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 8:52am
Hello jeffvan,

we have opened a Support Case via your Sailrite account to assist with technical questions.  mattb@sailrite.com
Matt Borden

Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic