Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walking foot adjustment?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walking foot adjustment?
    Posted: 23 January 2009 at 5:36pm
I was looking at my LSZ-1 last night and noticed that the center foot on mine was not really lifting at all.  It looks like the place to adjust this is under the left end cover.... by sliding that sleeve on the shaft that the center foot mounts to.  Is this the right place?

I tried the step height adjustment in the back (that slotted, arc-shaped lever on the outside) but the center foot did not lift anywhere in the range of that adjustment.  I think this is supposed to adjust the overall height of the steps.... usually for thicker materials it's set to step higher.  It made the outer foot lift higher but the middle part still stayed down.

Vince

MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 9:17am
The center foot will rise depending upon the lift of the outer foot. The outer foot being the walking foot. So when the feet are down the way to check this is to rotate the flywheel until the walking foot is at its highest position. Stop at this point and measure the gap under the foot (bottom of walking foot to top of needle plate). The gap should be 3mm. If it is not then you need to raise or lower the walking foot accordingly. Make this adjustment by removing the side end cover and locating the two screw clamp at about the mid point of the walking foot vertical shaft. The screws are 3mm head allens and they face the rear of the machine. After the gap is set properly you will notice that the center presser foot will rise about 1 to 2 mm when the walking foot is in its furthest downward movement.
So the key statement here is that the feet work off of one another.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

vincek View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 11:55am
Thanks Matt
I will try that tonight.  I can see that the lever sort of floats between the two foot bars which makes sense..... but that's why it's hard to know where to adjust it because each affects the other.  I picked the center foot which worked but I'll put it back and make the adjustment on the outer foot like I should.

It definitely makes a big difference when the center foot raises properly.  Before it used to "plow"  the material badly on turned up edges.  I had a lot of trouble with it.  With the center foot lifting like it should this problem is almost non existent.

I"m not sure how this got out of the factory that way but it would be a very good thing to check :-)

Vince
Manny View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 11:31am
Hello, I got my SailRite LSZ-1 three days ago. Since then I've lubricated all recommended spots, checked everything  and now working on the fine tune. 
One thing I can't figure out: How to adjust the walking foot speed? My lower walking foot obviously goes a little faster than the upper Walking foot. I already tried to adjust the upper foot presser with no change.
This makes my sewing results look terrible. I don't know if I can post a video a made, but my topic clearly is the walking foot adjustment, so I get the same transporting speed of both feet, upper and lower.
Thanks in advance for help
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 8:39am
Hello vincek,

I found your Sailrite account and have opened a Support Case to assist with any Questions you might have about your Version 1 Ultrafeed Sewing Machine.  I am sending a short video to assist with checking the foot height for proper operation.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 8:44am
Hello Manny,

I have opened a Support Case under your account and sent my personal contact information to assist with any questions.  1-800-348-2769   mattb@sailrite.com
Matt Borden

Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic