Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V92 top thread bunches up and splits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TadTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V92 top thread bunches up and splits
    Posted: 03 September 2018 at 5:46pm
LSZ-1 with V92 thread, size #20 needle. 

V92 top thread bunches up and splits. The 1 oz spool that came with the machine worked fine. The 4oz spool is doing this. It seems to split into two and then half will continue to sew, while half will bunch up in different places each time. Sometimes top of needle, sometimes thread tension, sometimes the arm that goes up and down. Also when I cut the end of the thread, it immediately looks like split ends on someones hair. Also, it was cut on the spool and ruined a long stitch. I'm pretty sure I did not nick it while unwrapping it but who knows.  Is it the thread? I have had other 4oz spools of other colors that worked fine. The white has been out of the sun.  Thanks
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 7:28pm
Odd, I just answered another thread you posted to. But this is more detail. Do you have another cone of thread you can test? I have never seen a slice or cut in a thread cone myself but there is always a first time. This sure sounds like a cap spring issue though. Make sure you check it first.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
TadTV View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TadTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 4:10pm
I found a slight burr on my shuttle gib hook group 3 item 16 and on retaining Ring cap spring group 3 -item 21. Lightly sanded these down with 320 grit sand paper and then sewed another 120' of zig zag stitches with no major issues. I think that was the cause.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2018 at 4:44pm
Awesome! Good Job.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic