Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Boat Tops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedT-top windshield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfsail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-top windshield
    Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:49pm
I am making a windshield for the T-top of our center console power boat.  I would like the windshield to partially wrap around the sides for more protection.  However, there is nothing to attach the sides of the windshield to except at the top and bottom.  The sides will be about a 4' unsupported span of window material with the double facing sewed over the edge of it.  

My concern is that this long edge will luff or flap when the boat is up to speed (25 mph).  Does this seem like a valid concern?  If so, can anything be done to prevent it?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 4:07pm
You can make this work but you will need to put a sleeve in the back facing edge to run a wire or spectra line through. Then you need to fashion a way to tension the line in the sleeve from the connection points.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
dfsail View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfsail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:37am
Thanks for your quick response, Matt!  I was thinking that a leech line like in a sail might work, so glad to have you confirm that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic