Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum Lockedv-berth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v-berth
    Posted: 09 March 2009 at 2:45pm
The problem is the foam. It is not breathing. What you should do is change the foam out to Dry Fast (reticulated) foam. Or you could get that plastic mushroom matting from England. I can't remember what it is called either. Maybe someone else out there knows.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:50pm

About the only thing that I can think of is to put a layer of polyester batting (100158) between the cushion and the shelf.  Either leave it open or encase it in cushion underlining material.

Another idea would be to cut ventilation ports on the side of the platform that supports your mattress.  By equalizing the termperature between the inside of the compartment below your mattress and the rest of the cabin, you redce the opportunity for condensation to occur.

I hope that this helps.

Best regards,
Dan Smith
Annapolis Store Manager
pam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:39pm
I was wondering if you could help me with a condensation problem in my v-berth. I've redone the cushions 3xs. Right now I have vinyl on the bottom of the cushion fabric (ticking) on top, but it still sweats on the bottom working up the sides. Sheets and blankets become wet. And it molds the foam.The UK uses some type of matt to raise the bed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic