Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedPre-purchase questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AudreySVOZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudreySVOZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-purchase questions
    Posted: 20 August 2008 at 10:01pm
Hi,

I have run my LSZ-1 off a Honda generator - no problem.  I assume you are familiar with the Rainshed website. It has a lot of horse related stuff.  Audrey S/V OZ - Fiji
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 12:58pm
Hi,
Yes we sell the Ultrafeed machines for all of the projects you have mentioned. One of these machines will fit your need nicely.

The needle position in straight stitch is finite. There are three positions: right, center and left.

The zigzag width is not finite. You can select anything from "0" straight stitch to "5 mm" width.

The Ultrafeed machine will run perfectly off a small generator.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

cthomps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cthomps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:44am
Hello,

I actually found your website by fate I guess.  I didn't know there was an industrial machine that was portable.  (I need to get out more) Anyway, I am a professional seamstress in Wisconsin and I have done tailoring, freelance design and repairs for many years.  I am considering purchasing a LSZ 1 to increase my capabilities to improve my business.   I  have a couple questions. 

I am planning on using it for Horse equiment repair. ie blankets, halters, canvas wagon covers, awnings, upholstry, webbing, buckskin  etc. Not saddle leather.   Most of the posts are in regard to sewing for sailing and do not really pertain to what I want to do.  Do you think the machine will fill those needs?

Is the needle position infinite?  Not just right, left, center.  But right just a bit, left just a bit.

Will it function well on a Honda 2000 watt generator?  I would definately purchase the Monster II, but hand cranking for days and days of sewing might be a bit much. 

Thanks for any help in advance.  I have found the customer support being the best feature so far.  I have learned alot by reading the past posts.

Cat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic