Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedPiping in cushions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piping in cushions
    Posted: 20 February 2008 at 10:40pm
Hi Keri,
Any curl to the piping should come out when it is sewn into the welt material and cushion pieces. Also stuffing the cushion will force it to straighten. Also make sure you stitch tension is not too tight when making the piping.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Keri View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 8:50am

Good Morning,

I am in the process of making new interior cushions with piping.  On the test cushion I have made, I have found the piping has a wave effect to it and am not sure what is causing this or how to eliminate it. 

Any ideas or thoughts on what causes this or how to eliminate it?

I appreciate your help as always.

Regards,
Keri

Edited by Keri - 20 February 2008 at 8:50am
Sailing the Chesapeake - Keri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic