Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedTopGun 1S - Does it stretch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sue2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TopGun 1S - Does it stretch?
    Posted: 12 February 2019 at 12:58pm
Last fall I made a mast-up winter cover for a 23' sailboat, using Top Gun 1S.  It uses the boom and a ridge pole forward for support, and extends to the waterline.  When installed, it was nice and snug.  Went to see it the other day, and it is saggy and loose. The tie lines are still tight, and obviously the places where the shrouds penetrate have not moved, but everything above the toerail is sagging, and now flaps in the wind... which is the death of a cover in here the Great Lakes.  We have had some snow, but not a lot.  

This is my first time using this fabric, and I'm not impressed.  I was going to make a cover for my own boat next season, and now I am questioning the performance of this material.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

-Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic