Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Boat Tops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedSlot in dodger window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wingless View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slot in dodger window
    Posted: 16 January 2018 at 3:36pm
You're welcome.

The reply was edited to fix the autocorrect errors.
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
Tejas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 3:29pm
Thank you wingless. I did the first part of what you described but used the entire string.

I don't think all of all what you meant to post was displayed, but I could read what might have been intended using browser debug to show the page html.

Basically, keep the html within the start and end image tags and discard the rest.
Beneteau First 36.7

Juki LU-1508N
Bernina 217N with CAM Reader
Singer 99 with hand crank
wingless View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 2:56pm
FWIW, the image is selected in the Flickr Photostream. Then the Share Photo icon is selected. Then the BBCode tab is selected. The entire string is copied. Everything between [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] is retained, everything else is deleted.

Edited by wingless - 16 January 2018 at 2:59pm
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
Tejas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by MattGrant MattGrant wrote:

Not sure why you could not post the photos. We have not made any changes.

Thank you Matt. The post has been updated with the images.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, I've also moved from photobucket to flickr, and I have had problems getting a direct link to the photos on flickr.
Beneteau First 36.7

Juki LU-1508N
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 12:50pm
Not sure why you could not post the photos. We have not made any changes. We really need to revant this forum to a newer platform soon and then relink it to sailrite.com. There is always way too much to do.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Tejas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:24pm
Here is a way to make a slot that was adapted from a page describing how to make a slit in a skirt.

On the Wrong Side (WS) mark the slot (3” shown), the width of the finished binding (1/2” shown) and diagonal end-tab. Cut the slot and end-tabs.

Again on the WS, one after the other on both sides of slit, fold the fabric along the top and bottom end-points of the tabs and bind with an about an inch extra of binding on each end.

On the WS on both ends of the slit, fold the fabric and sew the triangular end-tabs to the binding.

On the WS, open the fabric, overlap the ends of the bindings and sew.

That results in the finished Right Side (RS).

Adapted from (Another technique: sewing a bound slit) in:

http://www.leenas.com/English/sew_general.html

Edited by Tejas - 16 January 2018 at 3:32pm
Beneteau First 36.7

Juki LU-1508N
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:12pm
I see I left off the link:

https://www.sailrite.com/Make-Your-Own-Custom-Catamaran-Trampoline-Video
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:36pm
Hi James,

I don't see the photos. If you want to send them to matt@sailrite.com I can comment further.

But in general slots of any type in a clear vinyl panel are going to be visible. Leather looks good to start but it can become ugly really fast. I actually prefer to use Shelter-Rite vinyl myself.

This is one process to finish a slot that would work. It is for a trampoline but don't let that keep you from watching the process at location 4:17.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
alcyone View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:40pm
I will be replacing the dodger windows on my Catalina 320 this winter using the method described in the excellent Sailrite online video. Before getting started, I have one problem I need guidance with: on both of the side windows there is a short (8") zippered slot that the traveller Port/Starboard traveller lines run through (see pics). I'd like to do away with the zippers and just have a slot. What would the best way of finishing it be? Currently, one side is sunbrella with small leather patches at both ends and the other side is all leather. It is far from elegant ;)!

Any ideas will be appreciated,
James
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic