Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedGood selection for Chafing Protection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good selection for Chafing Protection
    Posted: 24 September 2007 at 8:33am
Any vinyl material is going to decrease the breathe ability of the cover. I would suggest that you use Top Gun or Sur Last as the reinforcement layer.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Keri View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 8:01am

Good Morning,

I'm in planning out winch cover projects and have noticed on some made with an extra layer of fabric is sewn into the top of the winch cover for chafing protection (sunbrella agaisnt top diameter of winch).  The ones I have seen were a vinyl like material 

I have been looking for a fabric in Sailrite to use for this type of application.  The only thing that I could see that may be similiar was Boat Topping but reading through I was concerned about the condensation build up.

Do you have any recommendations?

Keri

Edited by Keri - 24 September 2007 at 8:02am
Sailing the Chesapeake - Keri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic