Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedMesh for Window Cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mesh for Window Cover
    Posted: 17 April 2013 at 1:21pm
Have fun picking :)
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
OldRover View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 11:55am
Wow, I didn't realize there was such a selection.  Now the new problem, picking the color or pattern :)
Thanks much, I think this will work out great.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2013 at 2:54pm
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
OldRover View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2013 at 2:39pm
Can you suggest best fabric choice(s) for my latest project.  My wife and I saw another boater who had installed mesh fabric screens onto the exterior of the boats large ports (windows).  We thought this was a great idea to reduce UV deterioration of the glazing and to add some privacy while still permitting some illumination of the cabin.  The plan is to use snaps to secure and allow removal.  Our boat uses polycarbonite (Lexan) and we are a little concerned that the wrong choice in fabric may lead to scratching (the snaps should prevent large movement, but there will always be some small motion due to environmental conditions.  Also, the mesh cannot be so large as to reduce the UV screening, while also permitting enough light so that below decks is not blacked out.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic