Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedFoam backing for marine vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foam backing for marine vinyl
    Posted: 29 March 2013 at 10:07am
Most of the time a batting is used. It breathes and it makes the cushions look more plump. You could use a closed cell foam but it will make for a harder and flatter looking cushion.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
ral6639 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ral6639 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 3:46pm
What type of backing foam is best for marine vinyl on seat cushions? I want to use a 1/4" foam on top of my 3" firm OC foam to make my vinyl look full and tight. I am using Nautolex Vista which is a very soft and flexible vinyl. I am contemplating using a CC Polyethylene foam which will not allow water to soak into the rest of the foam? Is this a good idea or is it better to have a foam that will allow the cushion to breathe?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic