Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony H 305-4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tony H 305-4
    Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:24am
I recently bought a Sailrite LSZ1 and I absolutely love it. I also have a Tony H305-4 which is similar to your Sailrite Professional. I use it for really heavy duty work as the foot can lift higher. Sewing forward is fine, but it tends to break the needle when sewing in reverse. In order to reverse sew I have to turn the balance wheel by hand and jiggle the reverse leaver at the same time until the needle goes down without striking the needle plate. I think it might be the feed-dogs pushing the material while the needle is still going down. Any idea how I can fix this?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:10am
Glad you love your LSZ-1. For the Tony machine we do have a guidebook of our Professional here:

http://www.sailrite.com/PDF/2017-Professional-Guidebook-lo-res.pdf

But the differences will be the timing setup of the machine. We spend a large amount of the setup time on the Professional getting the cams and gears set properly and then setting the timing. The above guidebook with help you with the timing and some of the other basic settings. Hopefully this will be enough to fix the issues for you.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Sailor View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:51am
Thanks for the quick response, Matt! I'll study the guidebook and hopefully resolve this issue.
Sailor View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 9:02am
I want to order the Workhorse Servo Motor for My Tony H305-4, but I have a question. I see the motor comes with a pulley for a cogged belt, but the existing balance wheel on the machine takes a v-belt. Will this present a problem and do I have to change the balance wheel?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 9:10am
You get both the cogged pulley and a V-groove pulley with the motor. So you can use the existing balance wheel without any issues.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Sailor View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 9:14am
Phew! That was quick. Thanks Matt.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2017 at 9:30am
The Workhorse is a great motor. Enjoy!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic