Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thread tension on Sailrite 111

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener77356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thread tension on Sailrite 111
    Posted: 21 April 2015 at 9:47am
I'm having great success with my new Sailrite 111 but lately I've noticed a thread tension issue. It seems that no matter how tight I adjust the tensioner, the thread "knot" is not coming up into the fabric. The bobbin line is straight and the needle line loops below the material. I don't believe I've changed anything about the machine or the way I wind my bobbins. Turning up the tensioner makes no difference.
Then it occurred to me to ask you all about needle size. I was using your recommendations of a size 20 needle with V92 thread on Sunbrella fabric. But recently, I've been sewing a lot of vinyl seats and I found the #20 needle makes a large hole. So I switched to a #14 needle, but stayed with the V92 thread. It works well in the vinyl if there's only two layers, but anything thicker, or switching to Sunbrella and keeping the #14 needle causes the above mentioned phenomenon.
Is there a correllation between needle size and possible thread tension issues?
Thanks!
Joe
Joe
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 10:03am
Yes, the number 14 needle is way too small for V-92 thread. The smallest recommended needle for V-92 is a number 18. And this does have a lot to do with tension. Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Greener77356 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener77356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 11:03am
Thank you Matt. I'll move up needle sizes and see if that fixes the issue.
Joe
Joe
Skippermike View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippermike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 2:03am
I just noticed my thread is loose. How do I tighten the tensioner,on my sailrite101  I misplaced the manual..
Mike Mauk
www.maukfishingstuff.com
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 9:31am
Hello Mike,

I emailed the appropriate information to you via your account with us.  Give me a call if you have any questions.  Have a great day.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippermike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 12:28pm
Thanks Matt, got it actually it was operator error again, go figure, but the bobbin thread was not going through the little hole thing and although it still sewed  it was not tight.. just a reminder to self check the stitch regularly and check the obvious  first. 
Thanks again.
Mike Mauk
www.maukfishingstuff.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 9:01am
Great news!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippermike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 7:52pm
Hi ok everything was fine then I changed thread and it is now really loose I have tightened up the thread tension on the machine and nothing. I went back to the thread I was using and still loose. can you send me the information for my machine again on how to adjust the tension? I have the Sailrite111
Thanks for any help
Mike Mauk
www.maukfishingstuff.com
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 8:45am
Hello Skippermike,

we have opened a Support Case via your Sailrite account and sent information to assist with inspection and adjustment of your Sailrite 111 Sewing Machine.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic