Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thread pulls from needle (LSZ-1)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJWash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thread pulls from needle (LSZ-1)
    Posted: 12 September 2017 at 10:25pm
My LSZ-1 was working just fine. I changed thread and bobbin, and my machine started acting-up.

When I sew, the thread is being drawn out of the needle. I adjusted the upper tension - no luck. With help of the video, I dissembled the upper tension assembly, cleaned to, and reassembled. Still no luck. The thread is still backing out of the needle.

Next move was to check the bobbin. As I look at the face of the bobbin, as opposed to the closed case side, when I pull the thread, the bobbin rotates clockwise. No luck. The thread is still backing out of the needle.

So, I'm lost. Suggestions?

EJ

MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 10:29pm
Hi EJ,

Easy one. You are threading the needle the wrong way. Thread from left to right as you sit in front of the machine. Otherwise the hook just pulls the thread from the needle as it swings by.

Best Regards, Matt
Sailrite
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
EJWash View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJWash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 12:32am
Hey Matt,

Yep, threaded the needle left-to-right, and I was in business!

An answer within four-minutes at 10:30pm. Well above and beyond, my friend! Thank you!

My machine has seen light use since I bought it four years ago. Is there a periodic maintenance video addressing lubrication and adjustments?

Sold on Sailrite,

EJ
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:03am
Hi EJ,

Glad that fixed it for you and thanks for the nice comments.

The primary maintenance items are simple cleaning and oiling. I like to oil my machine at the beginning of any major project. You will need to remove the top and left cover to get inside the machine. Basically oil any metal to metal contact points and gears or cams. You can operate teh machine by hand as you do this to see what components move. In the guidebook there are references to all of the critical oil points too.

As far as adjustments go I would check the cap spring from time to time to make sure it has not sustained a needle strike. There is a section in the guidebook that shows how to polish out a ding if necessary. Other than this is you are sewing fine just keep on sewing :)
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic