Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedThompson Mini Foot Bobbin Winder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpauly84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thompson Mini Foot Bobbin Winder
    Posted: 12 June 2018 at 7:19pm
Hello I have two thompson mini walking foot sewing machines model number pw-201. Both of them had broken bobbin winders when I purchased them second hand. One of them I may be able to glue back together but the other is missing the part completely. 

After a little research I heard the Sailrite machines were similar and ordered a bobbin winder for the ls1 hoping it would be the same but no luck. The mounting holes are too far apart for my machine. 

Can anyone help me find a replacement part that may work even if I have to modify it slightly.

Links to pictures: top is broken part, bottom is ls1 bobbin winder too large.

Off topic but I will be ordering the monster balance wheel for both machines. 

Thanks.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 5:21pm
It might be hard to find those parts. I am not sure where I would look myself since Datho is gone. Also the Monster wheel will hit the body casting on this machine. You would need to grind some metal for it to fit but it will work if you are willing to make the alteration.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic