Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous Topics > General Miscellaneous Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedTent floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tent floor
    Posted: 10 April 2006 at 12:52pm
Hello, i need help.

I want to repair the floor of my expensive camping tent. Which material do i
have to buy to replace my actual nylon floor.

Which is the best in this store for this purpose ?

Thank you in advance,

Francois
w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 2:11pm

Hi Fmatte:

You might want to look at the ripstop spinnaker cloths illustrated on pages 45 and 46 of our 2006 catalog.  These are pretty much watertight and tear resistant, as well as being light weight.  The down side is that they have a sizing imbedded in the fabric, and they tend to be stiffer than normal "surplus store" ripstop.

I hope thatr this helps.

Dan Smith

Annapolis Store Manager

fmatte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 2:19pm
Thank you for this fast answer.

Please, which weight do you recommend?

Francois
w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 5:31pm

That depends on what kind of ground that you sleep on more than anything else.  If it is always soft dirt, you can get by with 1.5 ounce cloth and save your back.  Anything harsher would be better served with 4 ounce cloth.

Dan

NickfromWI View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickfromWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 6:52pm
I would check out http://www.owfinc.com/   or more specifically go to http://www.owfinc.com/Fabrics/NylonWoven/Ripstop.asp#Nylon%20Ripstop:%20Coated  .  These guys make fabric for outdoor wilderness uses.  The tend to ship real quickly.  If you ask them via email they'll send you a sample packet with all the nylons, for free....just so you can get an idea of what to get.

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes!

love
nick
I am using a LSZ-1 with a Monster Wheel. Deluxe foot control.

I'm a rope splicer! That's way easier than sewing ;)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic