Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedSunbrella shifting on settee cushions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dleedvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunbrella shifting on settee cushions
    Posted: 02 March 2016 at 2:37pm
Hi everyone,
I'm redoing the salon cushions on my 1974 Sabre 28. I think the ones that came with the boat were original and held up surprisingly well. I've completed the port side cushions for the settee and they looked great at first but after a few hours the seam on the front aspect seemed to creep up and over the corner of the foam. I've used the vacuum to suck the air out a few times (love the silk cover) and reposition it but it keeps happening. This actually was an issue with the old cushions and I thought it was a function of the bottom burlap-like fabric stretching over time but it appears to have something to do with the shape of the cushion, which has a rounded edge following the hull on the back-side and a straight edge on the front edge. I'm considering putting a few stitches into the foam on the underside or perhaps using the 3M 77 to make the whole thing less slippery inside. Is this a common problem and are there any other solutions I should consider? Thanks
David Lee
Stillwater, MN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic