Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedStop the flapping with magnets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop the flapping with magnets
    Posted: 03 March 2014 at 10:57pm
I would like to insert a thin/flat metal bar into my hem and strategically place a magnet nearby to prevent or minimize flapping.  However, I want to minimize or eliminate rust.  Does anyone know of the ideal metal product to use to solve this puzzle?  Also, I may wash the cover from time to time in a washing machine, so eliminating rust even more important.  

I was thinking of a stainless steel product, but I know some still rust and not all attract a magnet.

Any suggestions?
wingless View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 10:48am
Try painting the metal w/ epoxy, like Petit Protect or Interlux 4000e.
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic