Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum Lockedstitch type question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalkingStaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stitch type question
    Posted: 05 April 2008 at 9:15pm
My friend has 'eyebrow awnings'  on the sides of his boat over the ports to keep the sun from doing too much internal damage.  They used to have a sort of foam backside.  He has asked me to stitch a piece of insulation ( bubble wrap in an aluminum foil kind of sandwich about a quarter inch thick ) to the back of each piece of canvas instead.  I'm just curious whether the best stitch would be a straight stitch or an overcast zig zag?  I've an LSZ-1 so I can do both but I'd like to do the best job I can.
Thanks,
Pete
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 10:21pm
I recommend using straight stitches when sewing through 1/4" thickness or more. Set the stitch length as long as possible as well.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

WalkingStaff View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalkingStaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 11:08pm
Thanks Matt, and I'll remember the 1/4 inch thickness guideline for future reference.  See you at the show.
Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic