Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singer 211 stitch length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GDAVIS67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singer 211 stitch length
    Posted: 25 September 2018 at 8:50am
I use a Singer 211g to supplement my Sailrite machine and am having difficulty understanding how to change the stitch length on that machine. Does anyone have a good set of instructions that shows how to change the stitch length on that machine? Something with visual aids would be awesome. Thanks.
wsmurdoch View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsmurdoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 9:46pm
It is not obvious.  Look at the manual, Page 11.  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/522856/Singer-211g165.html?page=11#manual

Bill
GDAVIS67 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GDAVIS67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 10:07am
So, I see that in my haste writing this post, I was not clear about the issue I was experiencing. I knew “how” to adjust the stitch length, but I could not get the machine to adjust. After reading another post on another website, I discovered that the previous owner had tightened the screws on the adjuster eccentric so tight that adjustment was not possible. I backed the two screws out, made my adjustment, and then re-tightened. I did not tighten them to excessive amount this time (snug, but not tight) and now adjustment is simple and easy. I will have to monitor the screws to ensure they don’t walk out under vibration for a while.
Dennis T View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2018 at 4:56pm
I had the same issue with a 211G166 I bought that at some time in the past was a factory machine.  Mine also had the timing altered.  I needed to reset time belt timing and retime the hook.  These are great machines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic