Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shredding thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitchmilitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shredding thread
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:18am
Hi I have a ultrafeed LSZ-1
The thread is shredding on various fabrics, pvc ,wool etc,needle is #19
But the tension feed seams very tight and if I turn the tension dial down it is not loosening the loops as I sew ,the take up spring seams ok is there any advice please
Regards
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:45pm
Hi, There are several things to do.

1. Change the needle
2. Make sure the needle is oriented properly. Long groove to the left.
3. Check the cap spring beneath the needle plate to make sure it is not burred. Follow guidebook instructions to polish any needle strikes on the edges of the cap spring opening.
4. Finally check needle bar height.

Let us know if you are still having trouble and we will start a support case to get you some video help.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Stitchmilitz View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitchmilitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:03pm
Hi Matt
Thanks for the advice,I had a small burr on the gib hook,so sorted that ,I replaced the cap spring,then proceeded to get a ding in it ,so had to file it out ,adjusted the basket position slightly after the ding .the needle bar hight is correct, hopefully it is now sorted,thanks for your help
Militza
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:41pm
Please keep me posted and if you continue to have issues call in to start a support case please: 800-348-2769
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitchmilitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 2:16pm
Hi Matt
Well the thread has been good with v92 but tried with some bonded 40 thread today,changed the needle to suit,but it skipped stitches and shredded the thread ,the tension felt really tight I reduced it but it still felt tight,could there be a problem with the tension assembly.
Cheers Militza
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 2:39pm
Are you reducing tension to the point that the knot is showing on the underside of the fabric and then tightening just enough to bury the knot? Also is the needle a #12 or 14?
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitchmilitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 3:14pm
The needles is #14 but the tension knob is not making any difference to the knot which makes me think there is a problem with the tension assembly
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 3:48pm
Can you email me at matt@sailrite.com and I can send a video showing how the tension assembly is to be properly put together. Maybe send a photo of yours as it is now too.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic