Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewing table is at standing height

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdoleavitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewing table is at standing height
    Posted: 06 November 2018 at 11:38pm
I need to make the cord longer.  Is this possible.  Right now the cable goes down behind the table and barely peaks out to the front where I can reach it with my toe.  Seriously of all the world problems, this is what I worry about?

Thanks,
BDOL

Edited by bdoleavitt - 06 November 2018 at 11:39pm
BDOL
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 8:47am
I hate to say it but at standing height for a table I am not surprised that the cord is slightly short. We have a very long cord for the industry but it was not designed for sewing while standing. Fortunately extending it should be easy with some wire and butt connectors. Let us know if you need any help.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
bdoleavitt View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdoleavitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 2:04pm
What are the exact supplies and tools that I need?
BDOL
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 3:46pm
Given your location in Japan I would suggest that you get a very short extension cord that has the shape of the round cord for the foot control (with a ground pin) and use it to make the extension. You will just cut the ends off and then expose and trim the three wires inside on both ends. Then cut your foot control cord (UNPLUG the machine) and splice the lengthening wire in-between. Use Butt connectors with a crimping tool from a hardware store to make the connections. make sure to put your heat seal over the wire prior to making the splices. Once all six splices with butt connectors are made heat the tubing over the connections to insulate them.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdoleavitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 7:38pm
Thanks, I looked up the numbers on the side of the cable and found out that the cable itself is EXACTLY the same as most three pole computer cables.  You hit is right on (not surprisingly) and confirmed my findings.  Thanks.  That helps a lot.  I was thinking this was a good excuse to get a Workhorse motor.  O well.  The rest of your explanation is very helpful.  Time to get to work.

Thanks again,
B
BDOL
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdoleavitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2018 at 5:28am
Done, a little time and a computer cable, cut and spliced. Back in business. Thanks for the help.
BDOL
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2018 at 7:48am
Wonderful news! Happy sewing!

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic