Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedSailrite 111 Oil Points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailrite 111 Oil Points
    Posted: 03 February 2015 at 11:30am
The 111 manual says that as long as you're using the oil reservoir there's no need to apply oil anywhere but.... on the rear of the machine are "rods" that pass through bushings with what looks like oil holes in the machine casting. There's a short rod on the top rear left and long one below it that spans the length of the machine. 

There's a picture here of what I'm talking about: http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/ForumImages/Sailrite.jpg

Bob
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 12:15pm
Hello,

those are indeed for oil.  We will send you a PDF Manual that covers these points and others that should be oiled on the Sailrite 111.  Machine Lubrication is on page 7.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
YellowTR6 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowTR6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 1:30pm
Thanks..... my confusion was over that whole Manual Oiling paragraph. I was reading it as.... if you omit filling the oil pan because you're using the machine in a portable mode, then everything in that paragraph has to be done manually. Seeing as I use the oil pan, I was reading it as there's no need to do manual oiling.

So my question now is....... if you're using the oil pan to distribute lube, what in that paragraph has to be done manually e.g. Does the rubber plug need to get removed and the hole filled with oil?
Bob
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2015 at 2:42pm
Hello,

when using the oil pan you do not need to remove the plug for oiling.  No matter if the bottom and internal parts (cams, gears, hook assembly)are oiled, supplied by the sump or manually, the end of the machine and the back "rod bushings" need to be oiled manually as directed by the arrows. (fig. 9) 
Matt Borden

Sailrite
Skippermike View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippermike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 11:37am
can you please send me this as well  Thanks very much you can email it to me at skippermike53@gmail.com
Mike Mauk
www.maukfishingstuff.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 8:51am
Done, Thanks
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Skippermike View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippermike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 10:12am
Thanks so much! I received it. I love my Sailrite111, I have had hardly any issues with it in the 5 or so years I have owned it.
Mike Mauk
www.maukfishingstuff.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 10:26am
Great, glad to hear that!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic