Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sailmaking > Sail Numbers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedSail Numbers over Seams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sail Numbers over Seams
    Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:21pm

Hello,

I hope you can advise me on this .... 

I am about to apply my new Sail numbers (which I got from you... thanks)

I imagine that for obvious reasons it would be preferable not to apply the numbers/insignia over any of the seams in the sail, but I am wondering how critical that would be if it is not easily avoidable.  In other words, am I asking for problems if the adhesive number is applied over part of a seam ?

I`d appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:25pm
I posted the above email from a customer because it is a very good question. Here is the answer:

It is acceptable to put the insignia (numbers) over seams. The pressure sensitive adhesive sticks very well. The only time I have had any trouble with this is if the corner of the number stops right on the seam. Try to position things so there is material straddles the seam.

Thanks, Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic