Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedSail Cover Edging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sail Cover Edging
    Posted: 17 October 2007 at 2:01pm
Would someone share with me information about the best edging to place on a mainsail cover I have to cut down? It's way too baggy for me and good looks.
al
Norsea 27
Denver

w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 2:04pm
Hi Al:

There are two approaches that are fairly easy. 

The first is to finish the edge with a rubbed seam.  That is simply folding 1" of fabric in and folding again.  Hold it together with basting tape and sew.

The second is to select mathcing or complimentary binding tape and sew that over the raw edge.

I hope that this helps.

Best regards,
Dan Smith
Annapolis Store Manager
alfink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 2:15pm
Great help, Dan. What product at Sailrite should I look at? Tried snooping around in the catalog to no avail.

Al
w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 3:07pm
Look under Sinbrella Acrylic Binding.

The basting tape is our part # 102392.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 8:03am
Whatever you do just make sure the hem is at least three layers thick before installing twist fasteners or the like.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic