Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Profilen skipped stitches with LSZ-1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:27pm
Good thing to try but a #16 needle is still likely going to make the biggest improvement.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
SV/Mehitabel View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SV/Mehitabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 10:41am
I have a new LSZ-1.  I an having excellent results, no skipped stitches, with Profilen.  The thread is being fed the usual way, vertically off the spool, then through all three holes in the pretension bar.  I am using a #16 Serv 7 needle, and I am sewing Sunbrella fabric.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2017 at 10:54am
We do love Profilen thread! I am in the midwest and I use it for all of my sewing, even though outdoor polyester thread would last upwards of 8 years. It just gives me piece of mind to know that the thread won't fail. Today's performance outdoor fabrics last so long that it really only makes sense to use a lifetime thread now.

Thanks for your comments,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
LauraM View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 10:10am
Have continued sewing Sunbrella, now using Tenara thread and #16 needle, and continue to have some skipping, even using all 3 pretension holes and a double wrap around the bobbin winding tensioner.  I've gotten some improvement with shortening my stitch length, but it's still not perfect.  Next I'm going to see if mounting it horizontally will work better.  BTW, I saw a very slight improvement using the Tenara vs. the Profilen, and it almost never skips in reverse.
Beneteau First 345
Sailrite LSZ-1
Pfaff 7570
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic