Print Page | Close Window

V92 top thread bunches up and splits

Printed From: Sailrite Enterprises, Inc.
Category: Sewing Machines
Forum Name: Sailrite Sewing Machines
Forum Discription: The use and maintenance of Sailrite Sewing Machines
URL: http://forum.sailrite.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3627
Printed Date: 24 March 2019 at 8:56am

Topic: V92 top thread bunches up and splits
Posted By: TadTV
Subject: V92 top thread bunches up and splits
Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 5:46pm
LSZ-1 with V92 thread, size #20 needle. 

V92 top thread bunches up and splits. The 1 oz spool that came with the machine worked fine. The 4oz spool is doing this. It seems to split into two and then half will continue to sew, while half will bunch up in different places each time. Sometimes top of needle, sometimes thread tension, sometimes the arm that goes up and down. Also when I cut the end of the thread, it immediately looks like split ends on someones hair. Also, it was cut on the spool and ruined a long stitch. I'm pretty sure I did not nick it while unwrapping it but who knows.  Is it the thread? I have had other 4oz spools of other colors that worked fine. The white has been out of the sun.  Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 7:28pm
Odd, I just answered another thread you posted to. But this is more detail. Do you have another cone of thread you can test? I have never seen a slice or cut in a thread cone myself but there is always a first time. This sure sounds like a cap spring issue though. Make sure you check it first.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Posted By: TadTV
Date Posted: 07 September 2018 at 4:10pm
I found a slight burr on my shuttle gib hook group 3 item 16 and on retaining Ring cap spring group 3 -item 21. Lightly sanded these down with 320 grit sand paper and then sewed another 120' of zig zag stitches with no major issues. I think that was the cause.

Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 07 September 2018 at 4:44pm
Awesome! Good Job.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Print Page | Close Window