Print Page | Close Window

Outer Foot Not Moving on Fabricator

Printed From: Sailrite Enterprises, Inc.
Category: Sewing Machines
Forum Name: Sailrite Sewing Machines
Forum Discription: The use and maintenance of Sailrite Sewing Machines
URL: http://forum.sailrite.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3498
Printed Date: 15 December 2017 at 8:57am

Topic: Outer Foot Not Moving on Fabricator
Posted By: CarrieB
Subject: Outer Foot Not Moving on Fabricator
Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:27pm
Title pretty much says it all. I changed the pressure foot on my Fabricator and now the outer foot doesn't go up and down. The inside one does. The outer foot raises fine if I just raise it.

When I change the pressure foot, I didn't line the inner foot up correctly the first time and didn't notice until I tried it. I'm assuming I jammed something or knocked something loose. I couldn't find anything in the manual that seemed pertinent. I'd love a pointer to places to look "picture on page N", something like that.:-)

Thanks!

Carrie

Replies:
Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:30pm
Hi Carrie,

What foot did you change to? When you go back to the standard foot does everything return to normal operation?

Can you send a photo of the foot you changed to --- matt@sailrite.com

In particular I need to see if from the side where the screw attachment hole is.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:43pm
Hi Matt,

Love the quick response. I was actually changed from the cording foot to the regular foot. (Actually, I have a side question of whether I needed to do that. Would it hurt anything to keep using the cording foot?)

I will go take pictures.

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:53pm
Okay, how do I post pictures? Are there instructions somewhere? Do I have to put them on the web somewhere first? That may take a few minutes.

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 8:15pm
Please just email them to matt@sailrite.com

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 8:16pm
You can certainly do regular sewing with the cording foot on. When you go back to it is everything normal again? If not this something did likely slip.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 9:02pm
I'm going to see if you see anything in the photo. If not, I'll try changing the foot again.

Date Posted: 04 October 2017 at 9:23pm
Got the photos. Thank you. We will continue to work on this with you through the email you sent with the photos.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Print Page | Close Window