Print Page | Close Window

fabric for slide-out topper awnings

Printed From: Sailrite Enterprises, Inc.
Category: Canvas Work
Forum Name: Fabric Questions
Forum Discription: Questions about the use and types of fabrics
URL: http://forum.sailrite.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2611
Printed Date: 04 October 2022 at 5:49pm

Topic: fabric for slide-out topper awnings
Posted By: jrhannum@aol.com
Subject: fabric for slide-out topper awnings
Date Posted: 17 April 2013 at 2:52pm
I have "Carefree of Colorado" units on 8-yr-old camper; need relacements and can sew with my LSZ-1; have watched the vids and skimmed 14 pages of this forum and still puzzled -- is 12.7-oz Stamoid the pick? versus Shelter-Rite at 18.8 oz?  (I can't find specs for Carefree's stuff and it is too spendy for me).  Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:31pm
I am not sure exactly what brand of vinyl they use but I know it is not Shelter-Rite. I would suggest either the Weblon Regatta or the Stamoid 12.7 if you want the premium stuff.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Date Posted: 18 April 2013 at 2:06am
I went ahead and ordered the Weblon Regatta, primarily because of its 62" width -- allows for two toppers and seam/hem-allowances.  I may use 138 thread -- will scrap-test to verify.

Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 18 April 2013 at 8:12am
I would recommend V-92 thread with this weight vinyl and a #18 needle. This will keep the stitch holes tight.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Date Posted: 09 May 2013 at 6:24pm
Got the Regatta in good time, thanks. Spent an afternoon dismounting the tired ones and copying onto the new fabric.  Regatta is not as heavy as Carefree of Colorado's stock. 
Everything went as planned and new vinyl toppers are installed -- much less money than OEMs.
Thanks to Sailrite!

Print Page | Close Window