Print Page | Close Window

Skip my previous post! But I do have a new one!

Printed From: Sailrite Enterprises, Inc.
Category: Canvas Work
Forum Name: Fabric Questions
Forum Discription: Questions about the use and types of fabrics
URL: http://forum.sailrite.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2084
Printed Date: 01 December 2022 at 5:21pm

Topic: Skip my previous post! But I do have a new one!
Posted By: LinB
Subject: Skip my previous post! But I do have a new one!
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:14am
Have decided to go ahead and use the Sunbrella binding that I already own.  I did fine going around curves with it once I got back out on the boat and took a good look at it.   I don't really think abrasion is going to be a big issue once I got thinking about it!

I watched your video (purchased) about installing windows in a dodger.  I loved your technique and the finished look on the inside is so impressive.  This is what I would like to do on our boat.  I am wondering how well it will work in a situation where the window takes up most of the area.  The fabric going around the window is between 4 or so inches on the tops and about 2 1/2" on the sides.   (Separating zippers down each side and lift the dot fasteners across the top)   Or is there another technique that you would recommend that would be better for this application?

-------------
LinB

Replies:
Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:30am
I think you can follow those window techniques regardless of the width of the Sunbrella along the edges. But we do have some new content coming out soon on windows with screens utilizing some new unique techniques. I think we have about three weeks to publication.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Posted By: Tony
Date Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:20pm
Matt..haved you published the new techniques mentioned in your response to LinB??? If so pls advise where I can find the ref. answers
Thx, Tony

.....The fabric going around the window is between 4 or so inches on the tops and about 2 1/2" on the sides.   (Separating zippers down each side and lift the dot fasteners across the top)   Or is there another technique that you would recommend that would be better for this application?

Originally posted by MattGrant MattGrant wrote:

I think you can follow those window techniques regardless of the width of the Sunbrella along the edges. But we do have some new content coming out soon on windows with screens utilizing some new unique techniques. I think we have about three weeks to publication.

Posted By: MattGrant
Date Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:22pm
Not yet but the video process is going on now. Please give us another few weeks and then watch for emails on a full enclosure project.

-------------
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Posted By: Tony
Date Posted: 09 August 2012 at 9:55am
Thx Matt for your quick answer. Kind regards

Print Page | Close Window