Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous Topics > General Miscellaneous Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedPontoon Boat Reupholstery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinrmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pontoon Boat Reupholstery
    Posted: 17 February 2016 at 7:26pm
We are starting the process of reupholstering an old pontoon boat we purchase. We've done several piece of indoor furniture (couches, wing back chair etc) and have always used the original piece of material as a template.  This is proving to be problematic on the boat.  The old vinyl is very stretched is some places.  Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks to help figure out how much stretch we need to compensate for? Meaning, the new pieces we need to cut in some places, will be smaller than what we took off the boat.

Thanks.

-Kevin
Zach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 8:30am
Hello Kevin,

The most important parts of a cushion on a pontoon boat to pattern are the boxings because the rest of the cushion is typically one continuous piece of vinyl fabric that will be stapled to a backboard. So I would recommend using the current boxings as patterns (they do not usually stretch) and then still pattern off the rest of the cushion because once it is stapled down to the backboard the excess vinyl can be trimmed away. This is a very general rule I have always followed but if you would like to send me photos of the cushions I may be able to give more specific advice. My email is zach@sailrite.com.

Zach Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic