Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedPfaff 130 needle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dm567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pfaff 130 needle
    Posted: 01 December 2016 at 11:42pm
I was given a pfaff 130. Does anyone know the type of needle it takes?

And

What is the largest and best needle type for very heavy sails that sailrite sells for it?

Thanks

Edited by dm567 - 01 December 2016 at 11:43pm
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 7:42am
The needle will have a flat side on the upper shaft. The Pfaff 130 takes a system 130 needle. Here is a link:

http://www.sailrite.com/Notions/Sewing-Needles/Sewing-Machine-Needles/Needle-System/System-130/type/Products?order=custitem_popularity

The #20 size is the heaviest needle. It is #20216. But I would also get some #18 needles, #20214.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Caroline01 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caroline01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:05am
Winkhello guys ,, i wanna mention that i cant see my previous comments 
;)
Dennis T View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:32pm
I did not want to hyjack this thread but was wondering anyone has experience with what needles work best with Profilen thread in a Pfaff 130.  Profilen seems to work best with #16 Schmetz serv7 or Groz-Beckert #16 R on my REX 607Z (LSZ-1 clone POS) which uses 135/17 size but have not seen much in the way of speciality needles for home machines type 130/705.  The Pfaff 130 profilen stiches are reasonable with generic Organ 15x1 LL(leather) #16 that came with the machine after adjusting the tension but suspect there are much better choices out there. Any suggestions?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:27am
Hi Caroline01, can you check that post that is not showing up again, or email me directly at matt@sailrite.com?

Hi Dennis, I have not used Profilen on a Pfaff 130 but my guess is that a #16 system 130 needle with a sharp point is the best.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic