Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outer Foot Not Moving on Fabricator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outer Foot Not Moving on Fabricator
    Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:27pm
Title pretty much says it all. I changed the pressure foot on my Fabricator and now the outer foot doesn't go up and down. The inside one does. The outer foot raises fine if I just raise it.

When I change the pressure foot, I didn't line the inner foot up correctly the first time and didn't notice until I tried it. I'm assuming I jammed something or knocked something loose. I couldn't find anything in the manual that seemed pertinent. I'd love a pointer to places to look "picture on page N", something like that.:-)

Thanks!

Carrie
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:30pm
Hi Carrie,

What foot did you change to? When you go back to the standard foot does everything return to normal operation?

Can you send a photo of the foot you changed to --- matt@sailrite.com

In particular I need to see if from the side where the screw attachment hole is.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
CarrieB View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:43pm
Hi Matt,

Love the quick response. I was actually changed from the cording foot to the regular foot. (Actually, I have a side question of whether I needed to do that. Would it hurt anything to keep using the cording foot?)

I will go take pictures.
CarrieB View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 7:53pm
Okay, how do I post pictures? Are there instructions somewhere? Do I have to put them on the web somewhere first? That may take a few minutes.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 8:15pm
Please just email them to matt@sailrite.com

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 8:16pm
You can certainly do regular sewing with the cording foot on. When you go back to it is everything normal again? If not this something did likely slip.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
CarrieB View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 9:02pm
I'm going to see if you see anything in the photo. If not, I'll try changing the foot again.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 9:23pm
Got the photos. Thank you. We will continue to work on this with you through the email you sent with the photos.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic