Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie with Mini Brute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 56MPG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie with Mini Brute
    Posted: 01 September 2017 at 8:42am
Hello, New to the forum, and new to sewing. I picked up a Mini Brute long arm at a yard sale for $20 - seems to be in nearly new condition. I plan to make various things like bicycle bags, awnings, shade sails and such. Will Sailrite parts fit this machine? Just want to know what my options are if and when it comes time. Are there any particular upgrades I should consider first? With so little invested so far, I guess I can splurge on a few things. Thanks!

Marty
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:40am
Well for $20 bucks you can't go too wrong. Many parts will fit but I would give the machine a test run before doing anything. At $20 I can't help but to think that there must be something seriously wrong with it. Fingers crossed for you!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
56MPG View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 56MPG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:56am
The machine runs good. No issues that I can tell so far. This was an estate sale, and the previous owner had planned to make sails until he got ill. It ws the last day of the sale, and the family just wanted his stuff gone. It had been prices higher, but they said make an offer, so I did. He had mountains of stuff! 

Edited by 56MPG - 01 September 2017 at 9:57am
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 10:00am
If you find you need more power you could add the 604U Monster wheel. My suggestion would be to make something and then see where you feel you need help so we can make addition suggestions. Things like binders and magnetic guides always make sense.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic