Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Needle not picking up Bobbin thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Needle not picking up Bobbin thread
    Posted: 24 March 2012 at 12:11am
I bought my lsz-1 in 2009 and have not had any serious issues until now.  I have repaired sail and made the bimini top and dodger for our 48' Beneteau .   A needle broke after sewing several layers of sunbrella.  I changed the needle and now I cannot get the needle to pick up the bobbin thread.  I changed the needle again, checked the gib hook and replaced the cap spring.  Still cannot solve the problem.   Its  been a great machine until this happened.  Thank you for helping.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 2:59am
Hi, we will get you fixed up but you may need to call in to start a support case. 800-348-2769. In the meantime check the following:
1. Make sure the needle is a 135x17 system.
2. Insert the needle with the long groove to the left as facing the machine
3. Thread the needle from left to right.
Thanks, Matt
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
lwfinch View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2012 at 1:06pm
Thanks for responding. Yes the needles are correct size and I have rethreaded many times. However, since I posted found a small gap where the gib hook passes the needle when looking down through the feed dog area. Not sure if this makes a difference. This machine has traveled all through the carribean with me working great. She is frustrating now. I will call sailrite on Monday. Thanks again. Laura
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 2:39pm
Hi laura,
Sorry I missed this post. I was on vacation. Did you reach someone Monday that could answer and solve your problem?
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
lwfinch View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:19am
Yes and had GREAT success!  I spoke to Julie on Monday and she hooked me up with Eric.  I received great instructions and step by step videos by email almost immediately.  The driver rotation of my Ultrafeed Sewing Machine was the culprit.  The video was so easy to follow, I had the driver rotation corrected in about 20 minutes.  Machine is running great.  Thanks for getting back with me.  Hope you had a relaxing vacation!  Laura
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 8:16am
Great. Thanks Laura
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
alcyone View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 9:20am
Matt,

I'm having exactly the same problem. The needle bar got out of which and I've set that back to the scribe mark. But now I can't pickup the bobbin thread. Can you send me a link to that video?

Tks

Jamea
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 8:14am
Sure can. Please email me at matt@sailrite.com so I have your contact details to create the case and send the video.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
jmhoying View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmhoying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:02pm
I have the same problem with my LSZ-1.  I just sent Matt an email and hope to receive the video soon.
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:43am
I see your email and will send it now.
Thanks, Matt
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic