Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Makrolon AR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftcoastsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 7:17pm
Hi Larry, 

You have done the project I'm starting.  In 2012 I made new Strata glass enclosure for my sailboat.  Not happy with the wavey result.  Originally I had Barrett Bonded windows and have purchased 2 sheets of Makrolon AR.  .060.  What happened with the Tenora thread?  Did you try Tenora on top and V92 on the bottom? Or V92 both top and bottom.  Just not trying to re-invent the wheel.  I have heard of Tenora on top and V92 on the bottom works.  Appreciate any insight.

John 
Dream Keeper
Left Coast Sailor
larryr View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larryr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 9:38am
I used 92 top and bottom and it sewed fine. BUT, you have to sew slow because if you speed up to fast the thread will break. I think it is due to heat build up with the thicker Makrolon material. Take your time and you will end up with a fantastic product that everyone will be jealous over. Cut yourself a 4"x12" strip of makrolon and your fabric and test different speeds and needle types. I can't remember the exact combo but I think I used a diamond point. Maybe it on an earlier post. 

Edited by larryr - 26 July 2018 at 9:40am
Larry R
www.cecable.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic