Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LSZ-1 shuttle hook (race guide) bent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyHa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSZ-1 shuttle hook (race guide) bent
    Posted: 23 July 2018 at 9:25pm
I tried again after my husband re-checked for burrs and did some more refining, and after about 2 feet the motor made this horrible grinding sound, like the gears slipped, and of course the thread broke.
Cindy
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 9:37pm
Hi, Just saw this. We need to check that the cap spring is not hitting against the workings of the driver/hook. The motor sound you heard was probably the belt slipping on the pulley teeth (jumping teeth). I need to have a support case started for this so a technician can help tomorrow. Can you email support@sailrite.com with the basic details of all that has happened? And can you send a few photos of the cap spring and the driver with the hook removed? We will get this figured out. Best Regards, Matt
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 8:22am
Hello CindyHa,

we have initiated a Support Case via your Sailrite account.  Please check your email and respond to my inquiry and we will get you fixed up as soon as possible. 
Matt Borden

Sailrite
CindyHa View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CindyHa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 6:47pm
Thank you.  Problem solved.

Silly me, but when I replaced the broken needle, I put it in backwards.     I even read the manual and I think due to bad eyesight I didn't correctly identify the "groove" side of the needle.

Thank you for great customer service.
Cindy
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 10:02pm
Great news! Happy sewing.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic