Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LSZ-1 Presser Foot Sticking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avxflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSZ-1 Presser Foot Sticking
    Posted: 24 July 2011 at 11:56pm
I'm having an issue which I'm not sure is a problem or not, but it seems that I should ask.  The machine is working fine, however, when I hand crank the wheel or operate at a very slow speed, as the presser foot rises between the feet, it "pops" up like it was stuck on something then continues a fluid motion. I'd say the movement is a few milimeters.  It does make an audible sound when it does this. It doesn't look like it is getting caught between the feet, but more like something inside is causing it to bind.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:29am
I have seen this before and you are correct that it will not cause any sewing related problems. But it is a sign that some oiling is required. Take the left end plate off and oil the three pivot point of the Presser Bar Actuator (Group 5, #19). This should help to reduce the popping.
Thanks, Matt Grant
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
GrizzlyBagWorks View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrizzlyBagWorks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 10:20pm
I'm having the same issue with my LSZ-1 as well.  I oil regularly and just oiled it again but it's still very "notchy".  I can feel resistance and then a "pop" and the inner foot comes up.  I can make a video if necessary so you can see exactly what's happening.  

Was there ever a resolution to this beyond just oiling?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:45am
Check Group 5, #19. If you push in on the top pivot gently while slowly operating the machine, does the pop go away? If so the pop is related to the way #26 is binding in the slot of 19. This could mean that the pin end of #25 has bent. You could replace that shaft or try to rebend it to eliminate the sticking.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Charles View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 6:47pm
I was having the same problem today, in addition to fabric not feeding. Had me buffaloed since I had been doing some work, without problems, with 18 oz canvas last week. I finally noticed that the presser foot was not rising during the feed. I played with the allen screw on Group 2 part 32 which appeared to be slipping causing the rub/pop. Then I adjusted the set screws on Group 5 part 10, so the foot seems to clear about 3mm. It took a few times of adjusting both sets of set screws, and I have the presser foot/inside presser foot/needle looking like the "raised" picture of them on page 31 of the guidebook - using the pic as my adjustment target. The machine seems to be working, but is there a way to tell if my alignment is actually correct?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 9:05am
Those two screws are connected to the vertical shafts. If you loosened the screws and twisted the shafts with minimal up/down movement you should be fine. Otherwise you may have altered the clearance under the presser feet for fabric insertion. Here is what I would check for:

1. Put the foot down.
2. Rotate the balance wheel and check the max height for each the inner and outer feet.
3. Outer should be about 3mm above feed dogs
4. Inner should be 1.5 to 2.5 mm above needle plate surface.
5. Raise feet
6. Check that it is possible to get about 10 layers of marine grade sunbrella under the feet.

Let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
GregD View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 4:41pm
Ok I have the same problem but I oiled the machine and it is not working.
The presser foot is lifting while the needle is buried (which looks right) but it doesn't lift when I bring the needle up to slide the material under it. It sounds like it is binding. I can't see that the pin you mentioned above is noticeably bent. Any help would be appreciated.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 5:42pm
It sounds like the foot is really sticking. Take the end cover off and push/wiggle the Presser Bar Actuator (group 5, key 19) at the top. Does that allow the foot to rise? Either way please call in to start a support case so we can get this one figured out. 800-348-2769
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
RickyBobbin View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickyBobbin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:42pm
Is there a diagram with the part groups and numbers (i.e., Group 5, #19)?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:49pm
Yes, see this link and look at the schematics:

http://www.sailrite.com/PDF/2016-Ultrafeed-Guidebook-lores.pdf

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic