Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LSZ-1 Needle plate not flush

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSZ-1 Needle plate not flush
    Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:02pm
I'm curious to know, ...can Matt, or anyone else, tell me why the Needle Plate for the LSZ-1 is designed and/or fabricated, to protrude above, and NOT sit flush with the bed of the machine, like the Shuttle Race Slide (A048-B) does ?   I've noticed that the new and improved Needle Plate with the hem markers, don't appear to sit flush either...
Thanks,
Mike

2012 LSZ-1
Mike
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:47pm
Hi Mike,

The new (with engraved markings) and the old plate are the same thickness. The plate must be thick enough to not bend or break if it is struck by the needle. It also can not be set lower or it will not allow for the movement of the feed dog and feed platform height that is required to get the proper feed grip. We honestly do no find this to be an issue at all, and we sew a lot. But we do get lots of comments on this so starting soon all needle plates will have aggressive beveled edges instead of the more abrupt angle cut that is now there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Zigzager View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zigzager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 3:31pm
Thanks for the reply, Matt....I haven't had issues with it either, I just wondered about it because I have seen the needle plate sitting more or less flush on other machines.

And speaking of new and improved components of the v.3 over the v.2 LSZ-1, I've read comments on the store website, that the improved feed dog (W011Z) is now much sturdier with more precise machining.
Can you tell us the difference in the other improved v.3 components ?
1) W061-A   Idler Pulley
2) W062-1  11 Tooth Cogged Motor Pulley
3) W059  Pulley Bracket

P.S. my apologies if I should have posted these questions in a new thread....
Thanks  Mike
2012 LSZ-1
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 3:34pm
Yes,

The W011Z is really good.

W061-A is composite now and much quieter. I like it a lot but the metal one is fine too.

W062-1 is aluminum now and really well done.

W059 is vastly improved to remove any twist in the belts

These are great questions.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic