Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lsz1 material thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailor john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lsz1 material thickness
    Posted: 10 July 2017 at 2:16pm
I have your lsz1 machine. I tried to sew through two layers of 11oz dacron and two or three layers of laminate sail material plus some other layers of 4 oz dacron. starting out was hard and after about an inch and a half the machine jammed. The under side was a rats nest and it looked like it moved the bobbin case a quarter turn. I move the bobbin case and tried the machine on some lighter material to see if I had damage the machine but it seems to be fine. What are the limits of material thickness for the lzs1,dealing mainly with sail material?
Thanks
john

john
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 3:07pm
Hi John,
Your assembly sounds pretty thick. I would say max thickness of material is about 5/16" and you must go slowly when you encounter such thicknesses. The rats nest issue would be tension/threading related and nothing to do with material thickness --- that is unless the pressure foot tension is way too loose.

Also you should be using an SD1 or DI needle for so much thickness. Thread should be V-92 polyester.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic