Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LSZ-1 Clone (Consew and Yamata)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LSZ-1 Clone (Consew and Yamata)
    Posted: 19 January 2010 at 11:59pm
We have Consew 7360R at home and Consew 206RB and Juki 5550N at work.

We do not have much workspace at our garage or basement. We do not want to add second industrial table. We do not often use Zig-Zag machine. I am not happy with home sewing machine (Zig-Zag) which can't do with heavy duty.

Someone offers me to buy her Consew CP146R.

I have no idea what is different between LSZ-1 (blue) and few different other brands. Consew has two different style of body - one with handle on the top of machin and one without handle is excatly same as "LSZ-1"

I can't find picture of Consew CP146R without handle at google's images.

I am afraid that LSZ-1's foot will not fit on CP146R.
Will LSZ-1 accept to use Singer 111 or Consew 146R or Consew 206's foot walking piping/cording (different foot sets, some cross with each other)? Most important to set zero out the zig zag.

I can't find any review by owners have or had good or bad experience with Consew CP146R or similar to brands.

Sometime, I think about Singer 20U but it is not heavy duty. My opinion that Singer 20U is not great portable because they have oil pan. 

MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:08am
Consew does not offer a zigzag walking foot portable any longer. What you are finding is either older used machines or another knock-off of the Sailrite Ultrafeed that claims to be a Consew. I caution you that there is no comparison between the look-a-like machines and the Sailrite Ultrafeed. Every aspect of the Sailrite machine is better (starting with the base components). Even our cast iron body is significantly better (read, cleaner cast and better machined). If you want to discuss this further please give me a call at 800-348-2769 ext 221.

The Sailrite Ultrafeed's standard foot has a 1/4" piping tunnel which is optimized for 5/32" foam cushion piping cord. Sailrite also offers left and right zipper feet and a leather foot. Please see www.sailrite.com for more details.

The 20U is a drop feed mechanism machine. It is a good machine but lacks the power and feeding ability of the Sailrite Ultrafeed. To my knowledge the 20U does not have an oil pan. it could be made portable but it would take a fair amount of work and expense.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:29am

Here are some unique advantages to Sailrite's line of Ultrafeed sewing machine:

1. More Power! Only the Ultrafeed has a specially made US jack drive which is machined and not cast. Also we use a balance wheel (the PowerPlus wheel) which is twice the diameter of the wheel which comes with any of the other look-a-likes. This means more power and much better slow speed control.
  2. High quality internal parts and body casting.
  3. No clutch slippage! This is thanks to Sailrite’s patent pending Posi-Pin clutch system. You can think of it as direct drive linkage between the balance wheel and the machine’s upper shaft. This system makes bobbin winding easy and also eliminated the power robbing aspect of an old style compression clutch (what the clones offer).
  4. Over 3 hours of DVD instructions and maintenance materials come with the Ultrafeed. Sailrite is serious about support!
  5. Sailrite Ultrafeed motors are grounded (much safer than the floating motor as wired by all others).
  6. Sailrite has a special high quality case made for our machine. Nothing else even comes close. The cases are made by a musical instrument case manufacturer.

These are just the items I can rattle off quickly. There are many other advantages including a top quality foot control with wiring long enough to reach the floor, a scarfed hook which makes it possible to sew really thick batches of material, Nickeled instead of blackened foot and needle plate, better motor with 8mm shaft, a motor bracket that is easily adjusted...

I guess what I really want to say is that there is no comparison. I hope this helps :)

Best Regards,

Matt Grant (Sailrite Vice-President)

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
reed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:19pm
Sailrite LSZ-1 has excellent offer 2 years warranty. Most LSZ-1 clones have very short time warranty like that 30 or 90 days.
How much Stitch Width? up to 5mm or higher?

Most time, we do not need extra wide great than 6mm.

Right now. I am very afraid to take Consew CP146R from someone.  

w1ndfall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ndfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 2:33pm
The LSZ-1 stitch width (zigzag) is 5mm.  Maximum stitch length is 6mm in forward.
reed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2010 at 12:06pm
1) Right now, I am confused to buy CP146P or not. We understand that's our big risk to buy used Consew CP146P from someone.

2) I am very interested in your Sailrite's Porta Base Frame. Will Consew 199R or 146R fit on Porta Base Frame? Will Pfaff 118 or 144 fit on Porta Base? They do not show any brands and model will fit on your Porta Base Frame. I looked at picture of "Clone" Consew 147R or 199R on Porta Base Frame (catalog #9992). Will any motor support industrial sewing machine?

MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:42am
The 199 and the 146RB will fit the Porta-Base frame. The cutout is 18 7/8" by 7 1/8". The best thing to do is to get the base size of the machine to see if it will fit.

The 9992 shows the Professional in the Portabase. The Professional is a clone of the 146RB machine.

The only motor system that works with the Porta-Base is the MC-SCR system #100809. The alternatives for table mounted industrial machines are either a clutch motor or a servo motor. Most servo motors are very bad so Sailrite does not offer them.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
reed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by MattGrant MattGrant wrote:

Most servo motors are very bad so Sailrite does not offer them.

Few years ago, we went to Keystone Sewing.  We talked about servo motor. Owner of Keystone told us that they picked two best servo motors out of try many different other brands. 

Last late summer, our lousy servo motor dead. We needed super rush to replace motor. I had to go Keystone Sewing to purchase motor. We are happy with servo motor better than junk servo motor.

Last fall, we saw your video at website or youtube. You did excellent show compare servo motor vs MC-SCR system on video. Excatly, we had problem with lousy servo motor for 4 or 5 years. We are very surprised that your MC-SCR system is excellent. WOW!!!!

I agree with you or owner of Sailrite and owner of Keystone Sewing.

We agree with you.
reed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 12:02pm
Right now, I feel strong toward to Sailrite LSZ-1 better than Clone. I learned something from live chat with Cheryl and Eric. Also, I research many different sail forums. Most people gave very positive about Sailrite. Other people complained TACSAW or other brands. Matt did posts at other forum.  Matt is excellent person to help people to make decision to choice right one.

I would like to say big thank to Sailrite's staffs for help me to understand about Sailrite vs Clone.

One thing, our limited budget that we can't afford to buy brand new. We can't spend extra $350. Somehow, I think about rid junk five home sewing machines at craigslist. They will help us little extra $$$ for our future LSZ-1

skrewd View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 3:07am
Hello, I know this is an old post but in my search for a manual found this.  Owning both the Consew 146rb 1a (full size) and the Consew cp146r (portable), the Sailrites are the clones.  Yes, you have made a gearing and power source tweak to a portable, non production model,  but to scare someone off from buying the Consew?  Consew is your source, its the real original, saying it is an inferior clone is a joke.  Tacsew is a clone, Reliant is a clone, but Consew was the factory use, purpose built, creator of the series.  This is why all the parts are interchangeable with Sailrite,  Sailrite put it's name on the Consew, its a rebadge just like Sears does to all its products.  Consew owned the patent and has several sister models, example the 199, the same body but a walking foot without the zig zag.   Don't you also clone a Consew 206, calling it  a 111 model.  You offer service,  thats great but your information is greatly flawd.  You have an slowed occasional use machine only marginally better than a clone for half the price, that is a lot of sunbrella.  Consew, also offers your " professional", in longer arm length and additional stitch patterns.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic