Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous Topics > General Miscellaneous Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedLooking for sailmaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Cover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for sailmaker
    Posted: 16 August 2011 at 2:41pm

Hey guys and gals,

I'm new here. I build a boat 20 years ago and I need a new sail for it. The old sail is cotton and looks kinda like some of my work t-shirts. You know little frayed holes here and there.

Anyway, sailright's WInterHawk sail kit is just about the perfect match for my boat. Problem is I have sold my machine a couple years ago and frankly I have no interest in making the sail even if its from a kit.
http://www.sailrite.com/Winter-Hawk-Spritsail-Kit-White

I am looking to find out what someone would charge to complete such a kit for me. I do want someone competent. I would rather pony up for decent work than get a hack job.

I am kind of in the middle of a decision as to what to do with the boat. My kids are teenagers now and the boat has sat for about 5 years now unused. I am torn between selling it and getting something bigger like a kittywake or a cape dory and keeping the boat and still getting a bigger one eventually.

In short if I can get the sail kit finished out for me at a reasonable cost I am likely to keep the boat for sentimental reasons. My wife and I spent a lot of time on that daysailer before we had kids. If not I may just sell the boat and save toward a larger boat.

Any suggestions or offers and quotes you all have will be greatly appreciated.
If you don't feel comfortable giving me a quote on here you can PM me.

Ray
Ray    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic