Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light colored thread smudges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogClothesDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light colored thread smudges
    Posted: 22 July 2017 at 2:20pm
Hello all, new guy that sews industrial grade hook & loop onto denim and up to 3 layers of nylon webbing thru 3 layers of fabric, repeatedly with a LSZ-1.

I have semi-regular dark smudges that show up on the bottom thread, on the lighter colored threads - both sides of my thread shows on the garment, so, it is a problem. It does not always wash out and it may be happening on all the colors, but I only see it on the white, pink and light green. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Keenan
Designer - Ellay Dog
www.EllayDog.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 5:42pm
Hi Keenan,

Remove the bobbin/bobbin case and then release the retaining ring clips to remove the retaining ring and hook. Clean these parts well. Next clean the inside of the race of the shuttle assembly. Clean with a soft rag and sewing machine oil. Before assembling again oil the race area where the hook rotates and the issue should be gone.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
DogClothesDude View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogClothesDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 6:50pm
Wow, thanks for the quick response Matt! I followed your instructions exactly, got a lot of dirt (the same stuff on my threads...) off. Now she's all good.

You and your staff are outstanding, every interaction I have had with you and members of your team reinforces  the fact that our purchase of the Ultrafeed was the correct one.

I've said it before on the web, without it, I could not make the quality of product we strive to be known for.

Thank you again,

Best

Keenan C Pickett
Owner/Designer Ellay Dog
Keenan
Designer - Ellay Dog
www.EllayDog.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 7:27pm
Hi Keenan,

Glad it worked. Let me know if you need any more help.

Best Regards,

Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic