Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedLetters on sail cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailelcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letters on sail cover
    Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:40pm
Hi-
I am making a sail cover for our boat. I would love to put our website on the side of the cover as we are a charter boat. Does anyone have any suggestions for adding lettering to sunbrella? I have looked into screen-printing (a possibility), adhesive letters ( I assume they would also want to be sewn on - a challenge on the side of the cover unless I do it in panels) and I am wondering about painting it on in bright white paint in a durable, weather-proof paint. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
Sunbrella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunbrella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 8:38am
Check out our pdf document "How to Put Graphics on Sunbrella Awning & Marine Fabric" at http://sunbrel.la/graphics
---
The Sunbrella Team
http://www.sunbrella.com
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:47am
Great PDF document from the folks at Sunbrella. Thanks for the link Smile

Another approach to consider is to cut your website letters from a contrasting Sunbrella color and then to use 3M Super 77 to stick the letters to the cover. The adhesive will only hold temporarily so you must use a tight zigzag stitch to sew all around the edges of the letters. This process is time consuming but will ultimately result in the longest lasting advertisement.

Good luck with the project!

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Sunbrella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunbrella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:41am
Matt offers another great alternative... fabric on fabric. We like :-)
---
The Sunbrella Team
http://www.sunbrella.com
sailelcie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailelcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:08pm
Thanks for all the great tips. I think I will try the stenciling and I will let you know how it goes. Approve
Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic